Sunday, August 12, 2012

Longing

   Each song strikes a chord
      Your face appears before me
            In the memory of your touch
                     My body flames of its own accord

   I'm helpless against the tide
       Of images, daydreams, wishes
             And the all consuming vortex
                    Of the longing to have you by my side

    Looking up at all the stars
        Out of all those millions
              I hope to share just one
                    So I can live with my scars

    I take one more deep breath
         Knowing we'll breathe the same air
               This aching longing keeps me alive
                      Even as it slowly causes my death

    Come into my arms one day
          Let me lose it all in your kiss
                Take my soul, my heart, and body
                       Love me and take this longing away

   Kaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment